Monday, June 14, 2010

Week Seven: June 12 to June 19

This past week was one of the best ones in a while. I weighed in on saturday morning before heading off to the golf course and I had lost 3 pounds this week and weigh 227.5. I now have lost a total of 14 pounds. That puts me at about half way to my end goal of 30 pounds with less than half of my time gone. So thus far I have been able to keep a good pace.
Over the past 7 days I have been doing something active for 6 of them. This past weekend was especially busy. I played 18 holes of golf on both saturday and sunday as well as doing some good old manuel labour clearing some brush off of a plot of land. There is nothing like working in the sun to burn up some calories.
The water only 2 week challenge is now over and I must say all said and done it was quite successful. Now for a new challenge I had a hard time coming up with one this week. I wanted to do something physical as opposed to the norm of having a diet related challenge. I am thinking that over the next 2 week I am going to try to do 40 km worth of exercise. This would include my golf, swimming and running. For running my Nike + Ipod to track my Kms, for swimming I will just simply count the laps (44 laps in the pool here is 1 Km), and for golf I will total the yards of all the holds and convert it to Km and that will count as my Km for golf. Workouts in the gym will not contribute to the Km total. So as of right now I have 2 rounds of golf under my belt for the next 2 weeks.
Well I guess now that the challenge is set for the next 2 weeks I better get to it. Please feel free to provide me with some feedback.

Have a great week and remember:

With will power, dedication and hard work, no goal is unattainable

Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment