Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week 6: June 5 to June 12

Well another week is in the books and I am 1.5 pounds lighter. It was not exactly the kind of week I was hoping for but I will take it. I would liked to have made it into the 220's but I missed it by half of a pound. I am currently sitting at 230.5 down 11 in total from my original starting point.

I am now in the middle of my "no calories from beverages" challenge and I have to say it has been very difficult. I had been in the habit of having tea in the mornings at work to get me awake and because I usually have creamer in the tea I had to give it up for this past week and the next. The first few days were horrible. I had headaches all the time, my face broke out for the first time in forever. The only drastic change I can contribute this to is this challenge. Aside from the physical effects it is mentally difficult as well. I thought not drinking soda was socially awkward but not drinking anything but water is even worse. I don't know how many times I reached into the fridge during the first couple days and pulled out the carton of milk or bottle of juice before realizing what I was doing. Another thing is that not all foods go good with water. Having water with my breakfast is not the best but I guess I can handle it for one more week. Despite how difficult this challenge has been I have still gotten something from it. I will not be drinking as much juices and what not after this if over. If I am just thirsty and not eating anything there is no reason to waste calories on a glass of juice or milk when water will do the job just fine. Even when eating meals I think I will still try to substitute and have water whenever possible.

This time next week I will be starting a new challenge and like always I am open to any suggestions. I think the next challenge should be something physical since all of the challenges to date have been diet related. So if you would like to suggest a two week challenge to me or submit any feedback in general please do so. You can leave a comment at the bottom of the blog, message me on Facebook or twitter @shawn_green. No one has made a suggestion in a while so I hope you are all still reading. Have a good week.

With will power, dedication and hard work, no goal is unattainable.

Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment