Saturday, May 1, 2010

Week One May 1 - May 8

Alright so this is week one of my 16 week weight loss challenge. I arrived in Lab west yesterday at around 2. After getting settled away I took some time to check out pool and weight room here in Wabush. The pool seems fine but I am sure most the the stuff in the weight room is older than I am. However both facilities are in the same building which is directly adjacent to where I am staying in Wabush. I have been to the gym in Lab city before and it is much better but still nothing compared to what I am use to in St. John's. Luckily much of my weight training requires only dumb bells or minor equipment so I would be able to manage here in Wabush until I get my car brought down in about a month to travel to Lab City for the gym. So that was the first challenge I saw in the way of my progress but I think it can be over come fairly easily. The second challenge I have already foreseen it the weather here right now. When I arrived yesterday there is still snow on the ground and it snowed pretty heavily all day yesterday. I had planned on doing a fair amount of out side running but not in the snow. Today seems to be a bit brighter though and I was reassured that the weather won't be long turning around.

Starting Point
I weighed in this morning in the digital generic bathroom scale that was provided in the house I am living in. Since this will be my only frame of reference for the next four month the actually weight in not my focus. Regardless of the number on the scale the only one that truly concerns me is the minus that I will hopefully report next Saturday. That said my starting weight on this scale is 241.5 lbs. I think this number is a bit high consider both scale I used while I was home told me I was about 5 pounds lighter than that. Anyways like I said the only number that really maters is the loss I can report next week. I have little faith in any general bathroom scale. I could probably line up 10 scales and each one would give a different result.

The Challenge
Every 2 weeks I am going to set a challenge for myself. Some of these challenges will continue beyond the 2 weeks and some will not although it would be great if they did. Challenge number one will be to completely cut out soda from my diet. This is a challenge I want to try to keep going for the whole 16 weeks and beyond. So as of today until at least the 15th I will be soda free. That includes "diet" (0 calorie) soda as well.

So the plan for physical activity this week is to hit the stone aged weight room, some running when weather permits and a couple swims.

Well that's all for this week. I will report back next Saturday morning, hopefully with a negative number to report.

Remember:

With will power, dedication and hard work, no goal is unattainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment