Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week Two: May 8 - 15

Well better a bit later than never. I would have to say I would consider week one of sixteen an over whelming success. I weighed in this morning as 238 lbs down 3.5 from my starting weight. The no soda challenge is half over and I must admit it has not been easy. The very first day of the challenge I went out to my cousins for bbq and of course everyone else had a can of drink with their food. But I guess that is the whole point of the challenge, to be able to resist temptation. I was super surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw such a good number. My trainer Blair said that a good rate to lose weight is at about 2 lbs per week so I am almost a week ahead of schedule. I was so surprised because I really didn't get in any intense workouts this week. On Sunday had my first workout here in the Gym which is more like a graveyard for workout equipment in from the industrial revolution. Needless to say I was out of my element for that workout compared to my nice gym in St. John's. I am lucky that my workouts require very little complex equipment or I wouldn't have a chance. I also worked out today and was a little more comfortable. besides for those 2 workout in the gym I played basketball one night for about an hour or so and went swimming twice for an hour. All said and done I has at least an hour of physical activity on 5 of the past 7 days which is good but it was just not the kind of exercise I am use to.
I guess it goes to show the importance of diet. Diet was something I never really focused on but for the past week I have been eating smaller more frequent meals/snacks throughout the day and it seems to be working just fine. Every weekday I kick started my day with a good breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs, a slice of toast with all natural peanut butter and jam and 3 small pieces of bacon on some days. I found that it is a great way to start the day and it left me feeling energized when heading to work for the day. Another thing I learned in week number one is that preparation is key. making sure I had enough food brought with me when I went to work for the day was just as important as making sure it was the right food. Since I have to stay in for lunch I have to prepare of starve and I would rather not starve.
Well I guess that is it for this week. Next Saturday I will begin a new 2 week challenge. I have not yet decided what that challenge will be and I am open to any suggestions. If anyone has a suggestion for a two week challenge either a food or exercise challenge then I am welcome to suggestions. You can feel free to message me on facebook for those of you who know me and for those who don't you can look me up on Twitter @shawn_green. Also any feedback or comments are welcome through those same channels.

Until next week remember

With will power, dedication and hard work, no goal is unattainable.

1 comment: