Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week Five: May 29 - June 5

Well I know have 4 weeks/1 month under my belt of this whole weight loss business and the result of those 4 weeks is a lot less under the belt on my pants. This past week I had a good week, with a 2 pound loss, even though I wasn't expecting to. I didn't get in the kind of exercise I would have liked to and I also made some food choices I shouldn't have but according to my tracking on fitday.com I was still running calorie deficits so I guess it paid off. I have now lost a total of 9.5 pounds over the last 4 weeks. I now have soem wheels that will allow me to go to the gym in Lab City which is much better than the one where in Wabush and I am very excited to get back into my weight training routine now that I will have consistant access to all the equipment I need to do so. The golf course here also just opened up and I am going to be playing that a couple times every week or so as well so there should be no excuses for not getting in adequate workouts when I add those two activities to my usual swimming and running. I had been doing some weight training here in Wabush but the resources just were not there for me to get in the kind of workout I would have liked so I didn't go as much as I usually would. Now that I have access to everything I want I am expecting things to pick up again and to not have many more weeks with a weight loss of less than about 2 pounds.
I guess the next order of business is my self challenge for the next two weeks. For the next two weeks I will not consume any calories from beverages. So basically all I am going to drink for the next 2 weeks is water. I guess I could have diet soda but I am still soda free so I don't plan on breaking that streak anytime soon. I am expecting this will give me another good boost in weight loss as well along with the new activities I will be doing. This is going to be pretty tough especially for 2 weeks but hopefully the end result will be worth it. Originally this was going to be one of the challenges I sove for the last few weeks when it was getting more difficult to reach my final goal but I didn't get any new suggestions over the past week and I had a hard time thinking of one myself so I decided to go with this one. Like the calories tracking challenge this one was suggest a few weeks back by Brad Coombs. Just a note for this challenge. When I add things such as milk to a bowl of cereal or to my scrambled eggs in the morning I do not consider that calories form a beverage unless I say drink the milk out of the bowl after the cereal is gone, which I won't.
Speaking of the calorie tracking challenge I guess I will supply some final thoughts as this challenge comes to an end. I was most certainly a great learning experience and very eye opening. But I don't think I will be continuing tracking calories online daily from this point. To be honest logging on and inputing all my foods after each meal was a bit of a hassle especially when at work. Over the 2 weeks I learning about how many calories are in all of the foods I eat most often and from now on I should have a good idea of about where my calories are sitting for the day without the use of the website everyday. I am still planning on using to add up calories on days when I am not quite sure where I am at but I will not be using it to track ever piece of food I eat every day. My average calorie intake for those 2 weeks was between 1900 and 2000 which is right about where it should be and I lost 3.5 pounds during the challenge, so overall I say it was a success.
My personal little mini goal for this week is to lose 3 pounds and as a result no longer be in the 230's. I have not been at that weight for a long time probably at least somewhere in earlier years of high school. I can remember when I was applying for my beginners in the 10th grade I listed my weight at 225 and at that time I had lied by about 5 or 10 pounds so it has been a while since I have been where I am today and I must say it feels good even though there is still a ways to go. Of course now that I am losing weight and before long that weight would be correct they don't even tell your weight on the new NL driver's licences, go figure. Oh well, not like I plan on staying at 225 for more than one week once I get there anyways I got at least another 15 pounds or so to go after I reach that point so no big deal.
Well there is a little bit of my history with this being over weight issue. It has been something I have struggled with for a while but now I finally feel as those those times are coming to an end and my future is brighter than ever. Let the good time roll. Thanks for reading.
With will power, dedication and hard work, no goal is unattainable.

Hope you all have a healthy week
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment